Tuesday, February 10, 2015

My Arms Hurt: February 2 - 8

Monday, February 2nd: 

I normally like to spend Mondays getting out and exploring London, but, after getting back from Scotland I was so tired that I wanted to sleep for about two more weeks that I just didn't feel ready to get out and explore. 
Instead, I spent the day catching up on the homework that I missed on Friday. Exciting stuff, I know. Living the high life in London. After dinner, the squad, Lauren, Cheryl, Kitty, Tanner, and I went to quiz night at New Cross Inn. Once again, the team was doing really well until the song category came up. We ended up being 6th to last, I think we got about 7th place. It was such a fun night, I love going to quiz night, one day we'll win. After quiz night, we were all feeling really hungry and wanted Dominos so Lauren, Tanner and I walked there only to realize they were closed. Such a disappointment.

Tuesday, February 3rd: 

Today was a weird day because I remembered that I actually had to go to class. Going to Scotland made this trip seem more like an extended vacation so having to go back to class was a really weird experience. But, nonetheless it was fun to go back and talk about Miss Saigon after we had seen it among other musicals. Now we are starting to get into the ones that I know more so I'm finding the class to be a little more relatable than it was before. Not that it wasn't to start out with because I've heard of everything we've talked about but we are getting into more of music that I've heard or shows I know the plot to, etc. etc.

Wednesday, February 4th:

On Wednesdays I don't have class until 4:30 so it's easy for me to get out and do things in the morning. So I took the bus to Deptford High Street to get some cleaning supplies at Poundland. I'll tell you, having your own space is a glamorous life, especially when you get to clean your own bathroom. When I got back I had just enough time to run to Sainsburys to get some groceries for a quick dinner before class. 
In London Theatre we talked about the show we saw last week, Peeping Tom, and honestly I didn't understand anything about that show so I wasn't very active in the discussion. But, afterwords I had a lot to think about on the way to our next show, Islands. Islands was a play about the rich people who get away with paying taxes by putting their money in offshore tax havens. This was shown very well in this play and I really enjoyed it, even if at points I felt uncomfortable or the show felt over the top. 

Thursday, February 5th:

 I woke up a little early today to get ready for my entrepreneurship class at the Tate Modern. Lauren and I got on the train a little early so we had time to stop for lunch and walk through a really pretty part of town with a market that I definitely want to go back to. Class was alright but once again we go right up until the museum closes so we don't actually get to look at any of the art. 
Afterwords Lauren, Tanner, and I ordered Dominos and it was excellent. 10/10, would recommend.

Friday, February 6th: 

I have class pretty much all day on Fridays, and after missing last Friday I definitely had to go and learn some coding. Overall it was a pretty uneventful day. Went to class, took a nap, went back to class. So exciting.

Saturday, February 7th: 

Today Lauren and I woke up a little early (12:00, super early right) because we had booked a taster session at a rock climbing wall in Mile End at 2. It was so fun and so tiring. My arms still hurt from it. It's definitely a workout but still extremely fun. I'm looking at maybe buying a monthly membership and trying to go to the rock wall as much as possible.
Afterwords, Lern got in from her day at Stonehenge so I met her at the underground stop near Goldsmiths and we went to dinner with Lauren and Tanner at the Big Red Pizzeria, which was good, but not quite as excellent as I remembered. When we got back from dinner Lern and I watched Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist as a part of my attempt to watch 365 movies in 365 days, a challenge I stole from one of my friends here. The movie was pretty good, I enjoyed it for the post part.

Sunday, February 8th:

Lern had most of the day here but she had to leave for Cardiff again at 6 so we didn't have an infinite amount of time for activities. I made pancakes for everyone in the morning (I make pancakes every morning, it isn't that much of a feat) before Lern, Lauren and I headed out to the British Museum. The British Museum was really cool! They had a lot of interesting exhibits featuring mummies and vikings and money and clocks (oh my!) and it was fun to walk around the building. I saw the Rosetta Stone in real life which was so cool to look at seeing as it was the way that we learned how to read hieroglyphs. Lauren and I got masks for a Masquerade Ball we are (hopefully) going to later. For dinner, we came back to New Cross to eat at New Cross House. I had wings and chips which were excellent. Then I watched another Netflix movie and went to bed.


          

No comments:

Post a Comment